Big Data: Transforming Tomorrow's Workplace
On March 8, the NJBDA will hold its 5th Annual Symposium and inaugural Data Sciences Career Fair at The College of New Jersey. The symposium Big Data: Transforming Tomorrow’s Workplace will explore the impact and potential of big data in transforming business operations and employee roles. In conjunction with the symposium, NJBDA members are collaborating to host a Data Sciences/Computing Career Fair to connect locally and regionally based employers to students who have experience or expertise in data analytics, computer science, or a related discipline. This marks the first effort by New Jersey higher education institutions to organize a statewide career fair, providing employers with an unparalleled opportunity to recruit the state’s future STEM workforce.
- Keynote by Mahesh Nattanmai, Chief Digital Health Strategist at NYS Department of Health, NYS Office of Information Technology Services
- Panels covering:
- Big Data, Big Skills: Next Generation Competencies for a Data and Analytics Driven Economy
- Big Data Insights on Consumer Behavior: Perspectives from the Food, Music and Publishing Industries
- NJ Big Data Alliance – Building a Data-Enabled Ecosystem for NJ: Overview of NJBDA 2018 Strategic Plan
- Workshop on Cloud-based Development Environments and Tool-Assisted Data Aggregation
- Lunch and Networking Reception
- Industry Expo
Each year, the symposium draws an audience of 200+, including industry, academia, and students.