Public Telescope Nights
See the night sky and learn about what you're really looking at from professionals with professional equipment.
What you'll see:
Constellations, the Moon, Planets, Star Clusters, Double Stars, Nebulae, Galaxies, and more.
- The Moon - September 5 and 12, October 3 and 10, November 7, December 5
- Jupiter and its moons - September
- Saturn and its moons - September - October
- Uranus - December
- Neptune - October - December
- The Summer Triangle, Ring Nebula, and Dumbbell Nebula
- M13/15/92 globular clusters
- Andromeda galaxy, and Perseus double cluster - October - December
Our telescopes cannot see through clouds! Public Telescope Nights will be cancelled if the weather is cloudy, cold (<20 F), or very windy. It's considered "clear" if you can see the moon or at least 10 stars clearly.
Contact Dr. Marc Favata, Physics & Astronomy, firstname.lastname@example.org