This program takes place from 5 – 7 p.m. in the Student Recreation Center pool on certain Fridays throughout the semester. It is open to alumni, students, faculty, and staff with a valid Montclair State University ID.
- September 27, 2019
- October 25, 2019
- November 22, 2019
How to Register
- Register the day of beginning at 4:30 p.m., but no later than 6:30 p.m.
- Registration must be done at the Student Recreation Center, Lobby.
- You don’t need a membership, but you must be affiliated with the University, with a valid ID.
- Affiliates and up to four (4) guests are free.
- Limited to the first 50 participants, who will all receive wristbands.
Rules & Regulations
- Children must five (5) years or older.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices are permitted in the pool
- All pool rules are in effect during Faculty and Staff Family Swim meets.
Beginning September 9, 2019 until December 12, 2019
Monday through Thursday 7-7:45 p.m.
Where: Student Recreation Center Pool
Cost: Free to all members of the Student Recreation Center (faculty, staff and alumni must purchase a membership to the facility).
Come get your feet wet and learn how to swim for free! Our free swim lessons are open to Montclair State students, faculty, staff and alumni as well as guests. There is no sign-up required for the free lessons and you can show up as often as you like. There will be a different instructor for each night, so you can stick with one or try all four! All participants must have a valid membership to enter the facility.
Pool Pass is a program which allows current members of the Student Recreation Center, students, faculty, staff and/or alumni to bring their family or friends to use the pool. Valid any time the pool is open, this pass allows the user access to the pool for the entire day. For half the price of a daily guest pass, $10.00, it allows the use of the entire facility. Children must be over the age of five, toilet trained and all guests must remain with the member while in the building.
Interested participants should check the pool schedule to ensure space is available, especially during semester and while the community Learn-to-Swim program is in session. Please be advised that the pool may be closed to guests for special events for Montclair State University students. One Montclair State University ID/Membership allows up to four guests. If you do not have a membership, you are not permitted to participate in the Pool Pass program.
- Pool passes are $5.00 for access to the pool area only.
- All rules regarding the pool are in effect.
- Pool Pass is available all day, every day during pool hours.
- No children under the age of five (5) are allowed in the pool.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No more than four (4) guests are allowed to one Montclair State University ID/Membership.
- No diapers in the pool.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices only.