In order to be eligible for enrollment in a cooperative education (co-op) course, a student must have:
- a 2.0 minimum Grade Point Average (GPA)
- earned a total of 30 credits
Transfer Students with an Associate's or second Bachelor's degree:
- Do not have to obtain any additional course credit at Montclair State University to be eligible for co-op.
Transfer Students without a degree:
- Must complete at least 9 credits at Montclair State
- Must have at least 30 accumulated credits (including Montclair State University and transfer)
- Must have a 2.0 minimum GPA
The Co-op/Internship Opportunity:
- Must be a NEW learning experience
- If you are currently employed with an organization, you must provide the University with evidence that substantial new learning will take place during the co-op semester.
- The best way to demonstrate a new learning experience is through one of the following:
- A promotion
- A different position within the organization
- Evidence of a new project that comprises at least 50% of your time
- A student cannot be self-employed or work for a family member.
- A student must accept both a Consent Agreement and Statement of Ethical Conduct prior to enrollment.
Some academic departments may have additional requirements.