Professional Guidelines for Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that it is important that you read these guidelines and agree to the terms by completing the Third Party Recruiter Form.
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) defines a third-party recruiter as an individual, agency or organization that recruits candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities for another organization. The following guidelines, adapted from NACE, outline professional standards of conduct to insure a productive and successful relationship.
To identify current students, recent graduates and experienced alumni, third-party recruiting organizations agree to:
- Disclose the client, or clients, that the third-party recruiter is representing, to whom the student’s/applicant’s credentials will be disclosed, and the types of positions for which the third- party recruiter is recruiting. The Center for Career Services will be permitted to verify this information by contacting the client(s).
- Follow EEO standards in the screening, recruiting and referring of qualified applicants to employers without regard to the race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
- Not charge Montclair State University applicants for any services rendered.
- Provide accurate information to applicants and the Center on the terms and conditions of the services.
- Obtain written consent from applicants prior to disclosing any information to organizations.
- Under no circumstances can applicant/student information be disclosed for other than recruiting purposes nor can it be sold or provided to other entities.
- Provide applicants with copies of documents, including signed applications/agreements.
- Not prohibit, restrict or penalize applicants from accepting a job directly with a client company.
- Third party recruiters are welcome to post positions and may participate in information sessions, but may not be permitted to participate in other visibility programs.
- To establish a partnership and participate in recruiting activities with Montclair State University, all third-party recruiting organizations must agree to the criteria outlined above.