Careers and Coffee
Session Dates: March 16, April 6, May 4, and June 1
Times: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Location: Student Center - 417
Join us for our monthly informal roundtable where we openly discuss career-related topics. Light refreshments will be served. Registration is required.
Who Should Attend
This event is free and open to all students and alumni.
Get Noticed: Effective Resume Writing
Date: March 25, 2015
Time: 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Location: University Hall - 2012
Co-Sponsor: Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity
Writing an effective resume requires an understanding of both format and content, as well as the needs of an employer. Learn how to make your resume stand-out! No registration required.
Who Should Attend
This event is free and open to all students.
Are You Linkedin or Left Out?
Date: March 27, 2015
Time: 1:10-2:00 p.m.
Location: University Hall - TBD
Sponsor: The Center for Leadership Development and Campus Connections
This session is one of many held during the 5th Annual Leadership Institute, organized by The Center for Leadership Development and Campus Connections. Linkedin gives us unprecedented access to people, employers and opportunities. This social media giant provides a professional platform for interacting with those in our field, ultimately expanding our contacts. Employers benefit as well in that they're given a look at our virtual footprint, which is critical to maintaining a professional online presence. Come hear from the Center for Career Services on how to best leverage Linkedin. Registration is required.
- The Career Development Process – learn how to choose your major and a career direction
- Resume Writing – learn to write a traditional resume, the basis for all other resumes
- Writing the e-resume for the web – see examples of key words, correct font usage, correct formats and more
- Improving your interviewing skills
- Networking – learn the art of building alliances both in person and online
- Finding a job in tough times! Hints for surviving in this market!
- Using LinkedIn and Twitter for the job hunt
- Become a Career Directions "power user"!
- plus more