Aerial Photo of Campus
News and Announcements

Juliette Panzitta

Master of the Arts in Educational Leadership

Posted in: Spotlights

Juliette Panzitta

Program (Degree and Major): Master of the Arts in Educational Leadership

Expected Graduation Date: August 2022

Why did you choose this field of study? Why did you choose the program at Montclair State University?

As a passionate music educator, I always knew I wanted to pursue a leadership degree. At the middle point of my career, I knew that I was ready to share my strengths and embark upon a new chapter after seventeen years of teaching elementary vocal music. I am an advocate of the arts, education, and mindfulness and believe that I will be a strong leader in the future. Montclair State University has always maintained a strong program for teacher educators, and I knew that I was making the right choice when applying. In addition, my building principal mentor and supervisor attained their educational leadership degrees from Montclair, as well!

What are the best parts of your program?

The best part of the fully-online program is the flexibility of learning on my own, in addition to the qualifications and expertise of the Montclair State faculty. Not only have my courses been enlightening and engaging, but the professors I have learned from are knowledgeable in their field. They are practicing administrators, principals, supervisors, or superintendents, and they have each nurtured my education throughout the entire program.

What advice would you give to a prospective student in your field?

If a prospective student in my field were considering this program at Montclair State University, I would recommend not hesitating to take the leap! By taking the program one step at a time, an educator, who is truly passionate about leadership, should know that they are capable and fully confident to share their gifts with others and help students to achieve their ultimate potential.

How is your program preparing you for working in your field?

My educational leadership program has taught me everything from finances to vision statements. In addition to this practical knowledge, the courses in the program have encouraged me to delve deeper into who I am as a person and an educator. The principal internship was extremely beneficial, as my professor and mentor guided and inspired me during the entire process. I feel that I behold the skills to apply for a leadership position as soon as I complete the program and am excited for what the future holds!

Is there anything else you’d like to share about your program, the College of Education & Human Services, or Montclair State University that we haven’t asked about?

I am grateful for the experience I have had at Montclair State University, and I am looking forward to continuing my education with the university after I complete this degree! I would wholeheartedly recommend this program to any prospective student interested in a career in educational leadership!