Applying to the NMUTR
The NMUTR is open to college graduates who possess:
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A passing score on all required Praxis exams
- United States Citizenship or Permanent Resident status
- An interest in teaching in Newark Public Schools for a minimum of 3 years
- For consideration into the Early Childhood (P-3)/Special Education Strand, a Liberal Arts or Science degree with a minimum of 60 liberal arts credits is needed
- For consideration into the Secondary Mathematics or Science Strand, a minimum of 30 credits in the desired subject area certification (math or science) is needed
Upcoming Admissions and Application Deadlines:
The Early Childhood (P-3)/Special Education Strand is no longer accepting applications for 2018-2019. Our final Cohort, Cohort 4 will begin in April 2018.
The Secondary Education (K-12) Mathematics or Science Subject Area Strand is accepting applications until May 31, 2018 for Cohort 2.
This Cohort will begin in early June of 2018.
Applications are submitted through the Graduate School at Montclair State University’s system. All applications are considered in their entirety by the NMUTR program staff and selection is based on merit.
Please email the NMUTR Program Advisor at email@example.com for additional information, to confirm your eligibility, and to receive application instructions prior to applying.