All candidates must meet application and admission requirements as defined by The Graduate School.
Additional Student Responsibilities:
- Students are responsible for seeking advisement from their academic advisor for registration and completion of degree requirements.
- Students are responsible for completing the Physiology and Hygiene requirement and Speech requirement for state certification.
- Early Childhood Certification requires passing PRAXIS II Early Childhood: Content Knowledge . The test code beginning 9/1/2015 is 5025. (Tests completed prior to 9/1/2015 should be code 5022/0022). Information on the PRAXIS test is available in the Center of Pedagogy office in University Hall.
- Any student who has not completed the equivalent of one semester of child development as an undergraduate must take the course at the graduate level.
- It is the student's responsibility to be familiar with all policies designated in the Graduate Catalog and the current Center of Pedagogy Teacher Education Handbook.
- Students are required to apply to the Center of Pedagogy for Clinical I placement the semester before placement begins. The deadline to apply is March 1 for September placement and October 1 for January placement.
- In order to complete the program, students must file the proper audit forms in the Registrar's Office October 1 for May completion, March 1 for August completion, and June 1 for January completion.
- Applications for Certification are required to be submitted to the Registrar's Office during the following period: October 15 to November 15 for January graduation, March 15 to April 15 for May graduation, and July 1 to August 1 for August graduation.
- Any variation from this work program must be approved by the Graduate School through the proper filing of a substitution form.