Candidates for the baccalaureate degree who have completed their degree requirements in August 2018 or January 2019, or who will have completed their requirements by May 2019 are eligible to participate in the Undergraduate Convocation.
If you have questions concerning academic issues related to your degree eligibility—such as application for final audit, Teacher Certification or application deadlines–please contact the Office of the Registrar at 973-655-4376. All other questions related to your academic standing may be directed to your academic advisor.
Please note that doctoral and master’s degree candidates DO NOT attend Undergraduate Convocation. For graduate student information please visit the Graduate Commencement webpage.
If you plan to attend the College of Education and Human Services Undergraduate Convocation, you must register at marchingorder.com by Sunday, April 21.
Here you will also be asked to record the correct pronunciation of your full name to be used, as you are personally recognized while crossing the stage during the ceremony. This form also allows you to indicate how many guest tickets you would like, indicate whether you plan to attend the formal Commencement ceremony, and link directly to the website for ordering regalia.
- Click on the Marching Order link sent to your University email address to complete the registration process. If you didn’t receive the email, go to Marching Order registration and enter your @montclair.edu email address. You will receive an email prompting you to create a password to access the site.
- Log in and complete the registration process.
- You may return to the site anytime by going to Marching Order and using your @montclair.edu email address and the newly created password.
The deadline to complete this form is Sunday, April 21.
Academic attire (cap and gown) is required to participate in Convocation and must be purchased in advance of the ceremony. Please note that your regalia will also be worn at Commencement on Friday, May 24, at Prudential Center.
Graduating students have two options for ordering regalia:
- Place your order by the March 31 deadline and have your order shipped free to the University Bookstore. Pick up at the Graduation Fair, May 6 between 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., in the Student Center Ballroom.
- After the March 31 deadline, ship to home is the only option. All orders will ship directly to the student’s home for an additional fee. The last day to place an order for home shipping is May 3.
For any regalia-related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that regalia will not be available for purchase at Convocation.
Convocation will be held at Sprague Field, an open-air venue, and is expected to last between 60 and 90 minutes. It is highly recommended that students wear comfortable flat shoes since walking on the field is required. Pocketbooks, backpacks or other carried articles are not permitted in the procession or at students’ seats.
Student check-in and lineup will be in Lot 3 (behind Panzer Athletic Center). Students must report to check in no later than 11:30 a.m. Guests are not permitted in the check-in or line-up areas. Signs will be posted to identify major/department locations for line up. Faculty marshals will be available for assistance.
Students will be pre-seated prior to the formal faculty procession.
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony may be delayed, rescheduled or canceled. Please call the Montclair State University weather hotline at 973-655-7810 or visit the homepage of the University website for up-to-the-minute information.
Tickets and Reader Cards
Guest tickets are required for Undergraduate Convocation. Each student will receive seven tickets. To request tickets, complete the Undergraduate Convocation registration at Marching Order. Here you will also record your name pronunciation for the ceremony.
The deadline to register in Marching Order is April 21.
The first day that tickets and pronunciation cards will be available will be at the Graduation Fair on May 6. Additional dates, times and location for picking up tickets and your name pronunciation card (reader card) will be announced at a later date.