- Focus-2 A self-paced, online career and education planning tool, Focus-2 enables you to assess your individual values, skills and interests and explore career fields and majors of study that are compatible with your assessment results.
Major and Career Exploration
- What can I do with this major? Learn about common career areas, typical employers, strategies to maximize career opportunities and so much more!
- Holland Code Quiz: Match your interests, skills and work personality traits to occupations. Scroll to the bottom of the results page and click on your Holland Codes in the yellow box to view more occupations.
- O*NET OnLine (Occupational Information Network): O*NET OnLine supports your career planning by accessing key data for identifying and developing workplace skills for a breadth of occupations.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: This valuable handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information. The OOH includes information about the nature of work, working conditions, training and education, and job outlooks for hundreds of occupations.
- Federal Job Search: Search federal/government occupations by college major.
- Career Communities: From the University of Delaware, link to occupations, industry-specific job/internship resources and more!
- Develop A Career Plan: Adapt a career plan where you can assess yourself, explore options, reflect and set goals, and act to create your future career aspirations.
- Are You Career Ready?: The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) has identified the following eight, core competencies as a measure of career-readiness. Evaluate whether you possess these competencies and where you can improve. When writing your resume and/or cover letter, be sure to highlight experiences that demonstrate these competencies.
CEHS Career Services also cooperates with the University’s Center for Career Services & Cooperative Education which provides a centralized database of opportunities for students and alumni. For more information, please visit https://www.montclair.edu/career-services/