Photo of Linda Flynn advising a student.

Transfer Student Advising

Welcome Transfer Students!

Congratulations on your acceptance to Montclair State, and on your decision to join the College of Education and Human Services. Your first step towards academic success is registering for classes, which you can do after meeting with an advisor. The goal of academic advising is to help our undergraduate students create an academic plan toward graduation. It allows students to become aware of what the general education requirements are, what requirements they need to meet in order to complete their specific degree program, as well as aides in solving any academic problems students may encounter during their time as a student at Montclair State University.

Before your scheduled appointment, please be sure to do the following:

  1. Review the curriculum and graduation plan that corresponds with your intended major.
  2. Make sure your final transcripts have been sent to Admissions and evaluated; any previous coursework should be visible in DegreeWorks.
  3. Know/obtain your CWID, pin, and NetID (your email account login ID), as part of the transfer student checklist.
  4. Review the instructions on how to register for courses via NEST.
  5. Take a look at the upcoming course offerings and identify the University courses you need to take.

After you have completed steps 1-5, please contact the advisor for your department via email to schedule an appointment. Contact information is below.

Exercise Science and Physical Education

Family Science and Human Development

Nutrition and Food Studies

Public Health

Educational Foundations for Elementary Teachers

  • Rosy Bido, Academic Advisor and Transfer Enrollment Specialist, Student Success Center
  • Students can make appointments with advisors in the Student Success Center through Navigate once they have set up their NetID.

Teacher Education

For students who are interested in pursuing Teacher Certification please visit the Center of Pedagogy.

NOTE: Teacher education is NOT a major. It is a separate program a student needs to apply to on top of their major. Please visit the webpage above to see what majors are associated with teacher certification.