Going The Social Distance Challenge
Get active, Keep social virtually, Share your activity, Go the distance! You can join the challenge anytime - do what you can. Each week there is a separate drawing for the weekly prize. And everyone is entered into the final Grand Prize Raffle automatically. The more activities you do means you get more chances entered to win the Grand Prize.
How do I sign-up?
- Send your submissions through our GOOGLE FORM
- FREE for students with Montclair State ID
Where and When?
- Online Challenge
- Starts September 28 and ends October 25
FOR FULL LIST OF INFORMATION VISIT THE CAMPUS RECREATION WEBSITE
- HOW - Submit proof of your activity via the google form
- Enter name, MSU email & date of activity
- Upload proof (picture or video) of you doing the activity
- Submissions due weekly by noon on Monday
- Leaderboard posted on Monday evening
- See Point System below
- Top 3 participants on the leaderboard each week get an extra entry in the Grand Prize Raffle.
- PRIZES - All participants are entered! Only for MSU Students.
- End of Week Raffle Prize - One entry per participant per week
- Week 1 (Sept 28-Oct 4) - Only Week 1 Participants - Keurig
- Week 2 (Oct 5-11) - Only Week 2 Participants - Fitbit
- Week 3 (Oct 12-18) - Only Week 3 Participants - Campus Rec Swag (Joggers and Sherpa)
- Week 4 (Oct 19-25) - Only Week 4 Participants - Travel Duffle
- Grand Prize Raffle (Cumulative) - Everybody Entered (Sept 21-Oct 18) - One entry for every 5 points earned.
- Grand Prize = Air pods Pro
- Top 3 people on the leaderboard each week get an extra entry in the Grand Raffle Prize.
- Every 5 points = 1 submission into Grand Prize Raffle
POINT SYSTEM: number of points per activity
- MSU Group X Class - 10 points
- Outdoor Adventure Hikes/Trips - 10 points
- Rec Nights - 10 points
- Aquatics Lap Swim or Private Swim Lesson - 10 points
- Intramurals Open Soccer/Kickball/Flag Football/Volleyball - 10 points
- Intramural esports - 10 points
- Club Sports Practice - 10 points
- Fitness Area Workout in the Student Recreation Center - 10 points
- No pictures allowed inside the Student Recreation Center. Upload a picture of yourself outside in front of the Student Recreation Center
- Non-MSU Group X Class - 5 points
- Walking/Running/Jogging/Trail Running - 5 points
- Biking - 5 points
- Water Activities - 5 points
- Hiking/Backpacking - 5 points
- Community Service Project - 5 points
- Home Restoration - 5 points
- Gardening - 5 points
- Hammocking - 5 points
- Skateboarding/Longboarding - 5 points