Experience Montclair (EM) is a University-wide initiative designed to provide activities, events and workshops to help students stimulate intellectual curiosity and career readiness through academic and co-curricular programming. This initiative promotes active student engagement starting in the very first semester. As students begin their transition to college life they will be presented with opportunities to explore areas of personal and professional interest in order to gain necessary skills for future employment and/or graduate study. By employing a competency-based approach, student engagement can be translated into competencies to make sense for students, administrators, family members and potential employers. Examples of competencies will include, but are not limited to the following:
Academic Engagement, Leadership Development, Career Development/Preparation, Fiscal Literacy, Civic and Community Engagement and Red Hawk Pride to name a few.
Experience Montclair Ambassadors are undergraduate students who assist in organizing, promoting and attending Experience Montclair events. With the guidance of a professional staff member, Ambassadors also present workshops on Fiscal Literacy topics such as Credit, Loans, Taxes, etc. Extensive training will be provided and is required before the start of every semester.
- Promote Experience Montclair (EM) events through the EM App.
- Attend Experience Montclair events on a weekly basis
- Assist in checking in students at all events
- Present at workshops on selected topics on Fiscal Literacy
- Assist in managing online application, emails and phone calls.
- Assist Coordinator of Experience Montclair and Graduate Student Worker as needed
- Work 10 hours per week
- Attend training prior to the start of each semester (dates TBD)
- Ability to speak and present in front of peers on selected topics
- Build own co-curricular transcript by attending Experience Montclair events
- Current undergraduate student at Montclair State University
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Have earned at least 12 credits at Montclair State.
- Be on good judicial standing with the Dean of Students and Montclair State
- Possess leadership potential as evidenced by previous leadership experiences, recommendations, and staff evaluations.
- Demonstrate high levels of maturity exhibited through sound judgment, emotional stability, flexibility, and willingness to accept responsibility.
- Embody strong interpersonal skills through proven ability to interact effectively with others
- Must present themselves as positive role models.
- Must demonstrate effective communication and marketing skills.
- Must demonstrate a professional attitude, the willingness to lead, solve problems, be a team player, follow and take directions, and be engaged in assisting students.
- Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of the university in order to appropriately assist and serve as effective liaisons between students and other members of the university community.
- Must enforce and abide by all Montclair State rules, regulations, and policies.
- $9.00 per hour
- Flexible hours (Monday – Friday, Day & Evening Hours available)
- Training on topics such as leadership, public speaking, and Fiscal Literacy
All interested applicants should send an email with their resume to the Coordinator of Experience Montclair, Jasey Bedoya at email@example.com.