Our co-curricular Leadership Development Certificate Program (LDCP) connects students and provides leadership enhancement opportunities in order to support personal and professional growth. Through participation in developmental workshops, leadership-driven programs, continuous self-assessment, reflective journals, peer-led focus groups, retreats and preparation to become a well-rounded leader, students are cultivated to lead at Montclair State University and beyond.
The program runs from September to mid-April each year, and participants can re-apply at the start of each academic year. Students are expected to commit on average eight hours per month. Participants who complete all requirements during the academic year will be recognized at a ceremony in May.
- The LDCP is open to any student or alumni in any year.
- All first-year participants begin at Tier 1 and can work up to Tier 4 over four years.
This FREE program is designed to offer students a well-rounded foundation while capitalizing on leadership development via:
- Campus-wide opportunities through participation in programs, workshops and events
- Constructive involvement within the campus community through peer focus groups and membership of an organization of your choice
- The improvement of leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities through reflective journals, retreats and self-assessments