Students in WRIT105 & WRIT106 can meet with trained Undergraduate Writing Fellows for support throughout the writing process. Online appointments with the option for Zoom sessions and face-to-face appointments are offered Monday through Thursday. For the fall 2021 semester, the Writing Studio is located in the Center for Writing Excellence, Bohn Hall, 5th floor (our entrance is separate from the dorm and to the left).
Appointments can focus on:
Getting started: Understand the assignment and brainstorm ideas
Drafting: Develop a focus, select evidence, organize ideas
Revising: Choose strategies to improve your drafts
Polishing: Learn to edit your own writing
DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE APPOINTMENTS
1) Go to https://montclair.mywconline.com and select the FYW Studio–Fall 21 schedule underneath your log-in information.
2) Click on your appointment on the scheduled time and date. (Make sure to allow pop-ups for this website!)
3) In the middle of the appointment box you will see START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTATION in red letters. Click that link.
4) The online session screen will open. If you have not already attached your piece of writing to your appointment box, you can now upload it copy & paste into the center of your screen.
5) In the lower right corner is the chat box; type your questions and comments there. You will see your chat dialogue with your consultant on the right side directly above the chat box.
–If you have chosen the Zoom option, your consultant will send you the Zoom link in the chat.
Literary Devices and Terms (Literary Devices)