Translation Lunch Series
The Translation Lunch Series is organized by the Center for Translation and Interpreting for students interested in hands-on, practical topics related to translation and interpreting.
Announcements are sent to all students in the departments of Modern Languages and Literatures, Spanish and Italian, and Linguistics, and to the campus community.
All events are free. Just bring your lunch!
Events usually take place in the Translation and Interpreting Lab (Schmitt 119) unless otherwise specified.
Upcoming, spring 2017 events:
February 20, 12-1pm in Schmitt 119: Transcreation: Translation for Advertising at Hogarth, Worldwide Marketing Agency. A presentation by Dalia Lopez, Assistant Account Executive at Hogarth Worldwide and MSU Graduate Student in the Spanish Translation Program.
Past events include:
- a presentation on supertitling for theater and opera
- a presentation on translation workflow in big companies
- a hands-on workshop on digital terminology tools for translators
- a presentation by a senior translator of the Spanish Translation Services at the United Nations
- a talk by Prof. Chevallier (Université de Nice) on negotiating copyrights and findind a publisher, about her undergoing French translation of Nancy Cunard's legendary book Negro, an Anthology
- a presentation by Prof. Di Giovanni (University of Macerata) about access services for the blind for opera and theater (Special event sponsored by the Inserra Chair)
- a hands-on workshop on Sublime, the subtitling software installed in MSU Translation and Interpreting Lab