- Thursday, September 17th 4:00-5:15pm, Cohen Lounge “What We Talk About When We Talk About Values: Navigating Discussions of Privilege and Justice in the First Year Writing Classroom” offered by Leslie Doyle and Carrie O’Dell
- Monday, September 21st 4:00-5:15pm, Cohen Lounge "Essay Norming" offered by Caroline Dadas, Director of First-Year Writing
- Friday, October 2nd 10:00-11:30am, UN 1120 "Moving Beyond the Page: Designing and Assessing Multimodal Composition Assignments." Jason Palmeri, Director of Composition, Miami University
- Tuesday, October 6th, 5:30-6:45pm, UN 1142 “Multimodality in the MSU Classroom” offered by Dayna Arcurio, Henry Margenau, and Maria Montaperto
- Thursday, October 15th, 2:30-3:45pm, UN 1121 "Essay Norming" offered by Rick Reid and Laura Field
- Tuesday, October 27th 11:00-12:30, Cohen Lounge “The Meaningful Writing Project” Anne Geller, Director Writing Across the Curriculum, St. John’s University
If you have any questions regarding workshops or suggestions for future workshops, please contact Laura Field, Professional Development Committee, email@example.com.
- Monday, September 22nd 12-1pm "The Personal in Academic Writing with a Discussion of Scarcity" offered by Bridget Brown and Henry Margenau.
- Tuesday, October 7th 2:30-3:45pm "Grade Norming Workshop" offered by First-Year Writing Associate Director Jennifer Holly-Wells.
- Tuesday, October 21st 5:30-6:45pm "Assignment Design" offered by Christa Verem.
- Wednesday, October 22nd 2:30-3:30pm "Combating Student Apathy" offered by Erica Dolson and Shil Sen.
- Wednesday, October 22nd 4-5:15pm "Grading Norming Workshop" offered by First-Year Writing Director Dr. Jessica Restaino.
- Tuesday, October 28th 4-5:15pm: "Teaching FYW with Canvas" offered by Sarah Ghoshal, Liz Martin, and Rick Reid.
- Thursday, September 20th 4-7pm, Student Center Formal Dining Room: "The Accidental Writing Teacher: Responding to Student Writers in Any University Class" offered by Dr. Joseph Harris from Duke University.
- Friday, September 21st 8:30am-3:30pm (lunch included), University Hall ADP Center 1143: "Teachers as Scholars: Teaching Writing with Student Texts" offered by Dr. Joseph Harris from Duke University.
- Thursday, October 11th 4pm, Rutgers University: "The Work of Knowing: Composition, Literature, and the Undergraduate Classroom" offered by David Bartholomae. Free and open to the public. Please provide confirmation of attendance.
- Wednesday, October 24th 2:30-3:45pm, University Hall 1120: "Grading and Assessment Benchmarks" offered by First-Year Writing Director Dr. Jessica Restaino.
- Wednesday, November 14th 4-5:15pm, Dickson Hall 179: "Teaching the Portfolio-Centered Class" offered by Christa Verem.
- "Supporting Successful Student Revision" offered by Tatum Petrich, Maria Montaperto, Leslie Rapparlie, and Tavya Jackson.
- "Writing with New Technologies: Challenges of Keeping a Writing Standard, Using Revision, and Using Rubrics" offered by Paul Caruso and Rick Reid.
New Media Sample Rubric: Paul's sample rubric for evaluating new media projects in a writing course.
Process Blog Assignment : Rick's process blog assignment for ENWR 105/106 with examples.
- "Teaching Writing Through Rhetoric" offered by Laura Field and Jessica Restaino.
- "Teaching Clarity: Addressing Error in Student Writing - Some Practical Ideas"
- "Developing Writing Assignments"
- "Making Connections : A Worksheet and Resource List for Teachers to Support their Curriculum with Outside Speakers and Non-Profit Organizations" offered by Jessica Restaino.