Research Assistants

Welcome to research at Montclair State University's Linguistics Department.

We've listed the items that Montclair's Human Resources Office requires before you can get paid as a researcher. Please contact the Webmaster at with your questions.

You and your supervisor need to fill out the following forms:

  1. Student Position Action Approval Form (PAAF)-
  2.  Student Appointment Form-
  3. Very brief job description (written by your supervisor)
  4. An Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9):
  5. A Federal W-4 tax document:


Getting paid: 

To get paid, you'll need to fillout the folowing form:


Fill out a green timesheet for each two week pay period and submit to the project director for your project.