Child Advocacy Majors

If you have already declared Child Advocacy as your major, your academic advisor is one of the Department's faculty members or professional staff. To find out whom your advisor is:

  • Log on to NEST
  • View your Degree Works Audit
  • You’ll find your Advisor listed in the upper left portion of your Degree Audit

Social Work Minor and Undergraduate Certificate Students

If you are interested in adding the Social Work Minor or Undergraduate Certificate to your program or have questions about either program or coursework, please visit our office at Dickson Hall, Room 301. 

Undeclared but Interested in Child Advocacy

If you have yet to declare a major at MSU and are considering majoring in Child Advocacy, or if you are considering declaring a Minor in Social Work or enrolling in the Undergraduate Certificate program, please email the Deparment's Program Assistant, Nathaniel Aker, at He will help you make an appointment with an academic advisor.

Graduate Students

If you are a graduate student and need academic advising, email Dr. Tyrone Cheng at He is the Chair of the Department for Social Work and Child Advocacy.  You may also email the Departement's Program Manager, Jacqueline Catalano at

Advising Holds (Undergraduate)

If you have a hold for advising, please contact your advisor to schedule advisement (if you are not sure who your advisor is contact Nathaniel Aker at 973-6554188 or email  Any questions, please email Jacqueline Catalano at