Who is a Peer Mentor?
Peer mentors are students who assist Sociology majors about course work, the major, professors, or any other questions students may have.
How can a Peer Mentor help me?
Among other issues, peer mentors:
- Help you choose or schedule General Education Requirements
- Recommend schedule and sequence of sociology required courses
- Clarify status of transfer students and seniors approaching graduation (i.e. help steer them through problems with their final audit)
- Help you understand course requirements and assignments
- Advice you in ways to take notes and tests as well as make study guides
- Introduce you to campus facilities and resources at your disposal (including tutorials and workshops)
- Share their experiences with you regarding any difficulties you may be encountering in an effort to ease anxieties and make your educational experience more pleasant and rewarding
Who is the current Sociology Peer Mentor?
A Peer Mentor Christine Tiseo firstname.lastname@example.org will be available in the Spring 2016 semester.
Thursday 10:00-12:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00-11:00 a.m.
And by appointment
Where: Sociology Conference Room, 340 Dickson Hall or DI 339 Gender & Society Office