- Friday, December 22, 2017
- Deadline to apply for May 2018 graduation with the Registrar’s Office
- Friday, March 30, 2018
- Deadline to order regalia delivered to University Bookstore (free shipping & handling)
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Pick up regalia at the Graduation Fair
- 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Student Center Ballroom
- Thursday, April 26, 2018
- Deadline to register for Commencement
- Thursday, May 3, 2018
- Deadline to order regalia with ship to home option only (additional fees apply)
- Thursday, May 10 – Monday, May 21
- Reader card & guest ticket pickup (Graduate School, 4th floor)
- Thursday, May 10: 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday, May 11: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 14: 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 15: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 16: 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Thursday, May 17: 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday, May 18: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 21: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- Commencement Ceremony – New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Newark, N.J.
- Student line-up start time: 5:30 p.m.
- Entrance and seating of graduates: 6:30 p.m. (latecomers will not be permitted to participate)
- Ceremony start time: 7 p.m.
- Remember to bring your regalia and reader card with you.
- Attire — Wear flat and comfortable shoes.
- Travel Advisory — Anticipate traffic into Newark, so plan accordingly for arrival to the venue no later than 5:30 p.m.
- Coats — There will be no coat check available when you check in.
- Meeting location — Prior to the ceremony, plan where you and your guests will meet after the event. The ceremony will last approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Never leave your belongings unattended.
- Please turn off all electronic devices during the ceremony.
- Please do not bring food or beverages into the theater.
- Please be courteous and do not leave the theater until the ceremony is completed.
New Jersey Performing Arts Center requires ALL guests to have tickets to enter, including infants and children. Guests will not be permitted to enter NJPAC without a ticket. Graduates do not need a ticket. Each graduate will be able to obtain up to three tickets for the Commencement ceremony with the possibility of receiving additional tickets if registration and space allows. Please indicate the ticket number preference when registering for Commencement through Marching Order. Ticket distribution will be managed by The Graduate School.