To protect the safety of the University community and others, and in accordance with Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders, commencement and graduation convocations are postponed until a future date. We will update this page with more information as it becomes available.
Friday, May 22, 2020, 11 a.m.
25 Lafayette Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Advanced registration is required for all staff volunteers and the faculty and staff participating as platform party members. The deadline to register is Friday, April 17, 2020.
All those in attendance are required to wear event credentials. Credentials will be distributed in your event packet.
We will provide complimentary parking at the Prudential Center. Parking permits and maps will be provided in your event packet. Please indicate your transportation needs when registering to attend.
For your convenience, we will provide round trip shuttle service to and from Prudential Center. Please indicate your transportation needs when registering to attend.
Shuttle departure times:
- Staff Volunteers: Shuttle will depart Red Hawk Deck at 7:30 a.m. Shuttle will return to Montclair State University at the conclusion of the event.
- Faculty and Staff Platform Party Members: Shuttle will depart Red Hawk Deck at 8:30 a.m. Shuttle will return to Montclair State University at the conclusion of the event.
- Faculty and Staff Platform Party Members: Event packets may be picked up at the Provost Office, Room 319, located in the School of Nursing/The Graduate School, between Friday, May 1st and Friday, May 8th, 9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. All packets must be picked up by Friday, May 8.
- Staff volunteers: Event packets will be distributed by the designated team leaders.
- Faculty and Staff Platform Party Members: Please report to Prudential Center at 9:30 a.m.
- Staff Volunteers: Please report to Prudential Center at the time designated by your team leader.
Faculty and staff participating as a platform party member must wear academic regalia. The deadline to order regalia is Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
Regalia must be picked up at the University Bookstore on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, May 5: 9 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 6 : 9 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 7: 9 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 8: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9: 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Sunday, May 10: CLOSED
- Monday, May 11: 9 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 12: 9 a.m.- 7 p.m.
Regalia must be returned to the University Bookstore at the conclusion of Commencement. University Bookstore representatives will be at Commencement in the robing rooms. If you are attending both the Graduate and the Undergraduate Commencement, you may return your regalia at the conclusion of the Undergraduate Commencement.