- Friday, December 22, 2017
- Deadline to apply for May 2018 graduation with The Registrar’s Office
- Friday, March 30
- Deadline to order regalia delivered to University Bookstore (free shipping and handling)
- Wednesday, April 25
- Graduate Fair and regalia (cap and gown) pick-up – Student Center Ballroom 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 3
- Deadline to order regalia with ship-to-home option only (additional fees apply)
- Friday, May 11
- Deadline to submit your Count Me In commencement message
- Friday, May 25
- Commencement ceremony – Prudential Center, Newark N.J.
Student arrival time: 9:30 a.m.
Ceremony start time: 11 a.m.
Enter via Ford Tower
- Remember — Bring your cap, gown and tassel with you.
- Attire — Wear flat and comfortable shoes.
- Travel Advisory — We anticipate heavy traffic into Newark, so plan accordingly to arrive at the venue no later than 9:30 a.m.
- Coats — There will not be a coat check available when you check in. Limit the personal items that you carry with you.
- Meeting location — Prior to the ceremony, plan where you and your guests will meet after the event. The ceremony will end at approximately 1 p.m.
- Never leave your belongings unattended.
- Please turn off all electronic devices during the ceremony.
- Please do not bring food or beverages into the arena.
- Please be courteous and do not leave the arena until degrees have been conferred, and the platform party has departed. Ushers will cue you to begin the recessional from the arena.
Contact the Student Government Association at 973-655-4202.
Class rings may be purchased through Balfour at the following link: balfour.com/montclair/.
Senior Class Gift
Congratulations on your graduation from Montclair State! As part of our Count Me In 2018 Campaign, you can have a message displayed on the screen at the Commencement ceremony on May 25, 2018.
- Graduating students can thank family and friends for their support
- Families can congratulate graduating students
- Faculty/staff can congratulate graduating students