Educational Program Objectives
Graduates of the program will have an ability to:
- Be well prepared for a professional career or graduate studies in information technology.
- Be able to apply information technology principles to real-world problems.
- Have the skills to work effectively within an organization.
- Understand ethical, professional and social issues related to the practice of their profession.
- Engage in continuous learning.
The program enables students to achieve, by the time of graduation:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution meeting computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Identify and analyze user needs to apply in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing-based systems.