The field of cybersecurity presents a wide and varied set of jobs. This highly practical, hands-on and result-oriented program couples a curriculum in line with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Education Framework with a substantive internship placement. Successful graduates of the program will receive a certificate in cybersecurity and corresponding digital badge from Montclair State University Continuing and Professional Education endorsed by the Cybersecurity Institute.
- Program Begins: April 8, 2019 – ONLINE
- On-ground Intensive 1: April 25 – April 28, 2019
(Half day April 25 & 28, Full day April 26 & 27)
- Online Learning: April 29 – May 18, 2019
- On-ground Intensive 2 – Operations Track: May 16-May 19
(Half day May 16 & 19, Full day May 17 & 18)
- On-ground Intensive 2: Governance Track: May 23 – May 26
(Half day May 23 & 26, Full day May 24 & 25)
- Online Learning: May 27 – June 1
- Internship Begins: June 3, 2019
- Internship Ends: July 12, 2019
- Relevant Coursework: The cybersecurity certificate program includes 70% hands-on, 30% lecture based training by instructors who are currently working as senior level leaders in the cybersecurity field.
- Real-World Practice: A 6-week internship provides real life experience and networking opportunities. Students will build connections to employers and professionals in the field. Internship placements include the following companies (check back for additions to this growing list): Eisner Amper, Kapstone, Data Safe, and Maestro Technologies, Inc.
- Employment Support: The cybersecurity training program can be completed in 14 weeks including 6 week internship module. The successful graduates will receive placement assistance which will provide career counseling and job search support.
Choose from two tracks: Operations or Governance.
Week 1: CS0100 Onboarding and Introduction to Networking
Week 2: CSE100 IT System Fundamentals
Week 3: CSE200 Introduction to Cybersecurity
Week 4: CSC100 Threat Landscape
Week 5: CSC200 Secure Architecture
Week 6: CSO200 Red Teaming
Week 7: CSA100 Security Engineering
Week 6: CSG100 Audit Risk
Week 7: CSG200 Strategic Management
Week 8: CSA100 Field Preparation
Week 9-Week 14 – Internship
Week 15-Week 20 – Placement Assistance