The field of cybersecurity presents a wide and varied set of jobs. This highly practical, hands-on and result-oriented program couples a curriculum in line with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Education Framework with a substantive internship placement. Successful graduates of the program will receive a certificate in cybersecurity and corresponding digital badge from Montclair State University Continuing and Professional Education endorsed by the Cybersecurity Institute.
Complete in 8-14 weeks. Learn more about our flexible program options including internship and job placement assistance. Request information today.
- Cybersecurity Professional Certification Program – Starts April 15
- Cybersecurity Foundations Certificate – Starts April 25
- Cybersecurity Operations Certificate – Starts May 16
- Cybersecurity Management Certificate – Starts May 23
- Relevant Coursework: The cybersecurity certificate program includes 70% hands-on, 30% lecture based training by instructors who are currently working as senior level leaders in the cybersecurity field.
- Real-World Practice: A 6-week internship provides real life experience and networking opportunities. Students will build connections to employers and professionals in the field. Internship placements include the following companies (check back for additions to this growing list): Eisner Amper, Kapstone, Data Safe, Maestro Technologies, Inc., and Porzio Compliance Services.
- Employment Support: The cybersecurity training program can be completed in 14 weeks including 6 week internship module. The successful graduates will receive placement assistance which will provide career counseling and job search support.
Choose from two tracks: Operations or Governance.
Week 1: CS0100 Onboarding and Introduction to Networking
Week 2: CSE100 IT System Fundamentals
Week 3: CSE200 Introduction to Cybersecurity
Week 4: CSC100 Threat Landscape
Week 5: CSC200 Secure Architecture
Week 6: CSO200 Red Teaming
Week 7: CSA100 Security Engineering
Week 6: CSG100 Audit Risk
Week 7: CSG200 Strategic Management
Week 8: CSA100 Field Preparation
Week 9-Week 14 – Internship
Week 15-Week 20 – Placement Assistance