Advising Guidelines for Computer Science Majors
Take the Math Readiness Tests
For Incoming Freshmen:
First Semester Schedule – Major Courses
Restricted major: High School GPA must = 3.00
- MATH100 (required to take CSIT 111)
- CSIT 104
- Pre-Calculus (MATH 111) or Calculus I (MATH 122)
- CSIT 104
- CSIT 111
CSIT 104 and CSIT 111 can be taken concurrently if a student is ready to take Pre-Calculus/Calculus
For Currently Matriculated MSU Students Interested in Declaring Computer Science
Before submitting a declaration of major form to the department, students must have completed CSIT 111 and CSIT 112 with grades of B or higher. No additional GPA requirement is required.
- There are prerequisite courses which need to be completed prior to taking CSIT 111 and CSIT 112:
- Prerequisite courses for students placing into MATH100: will require MATH 100 and CSIT 104 before enrolling in CSIT 111.
- For students placing into Pre-Calculus (MATH 111) or Calculus I (MATH122) they can take CSIT 104 and CSIT 111 concurrently and then take CSIT 112.