Jump to section
- Ceremony Information
- Tickets & Reader Cards
- Frequently Asked Questions
The CSAM Convocation will be held on Saturday June 4 at 1:00pm on Sprague Field.
Students should arrive at 12:00pm for check-in and lineup. All doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degree students in the College of Science and Mathematics.
Graduation is your opportunity to shine and to celebrate your accomplishments with family, friends, faculty and students. Montclair State University students have two opportunities to celebrate the achievement of their degree. First, at college-based Convocations held on campus intended to celebrate the academic achievements of all candidates. The College or School Dean will preside and individual student names will be read as students walk across the stage. Second, at Commencement where we will celebrate the entire class of 2022 and degrees will be officially conferred by the President of the University. Commencement is Friday, May 20, 2022 3 p.m. at MetLife Stadium.
For Further Information about the College of Science and Mathematics Convocation, contact Associate Dean Scott Kight, firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctoral, Master’s and Bachelor’s degree candidates who have completed their degree requirements in August 2021, December 2021, January 2022, or who will have completed their requirements in May 2022 are eligible to participate in the College of Science and Mathematics Convocation.
If you have questions concerning academic issues related to your degree, final audit or Teacher Certification, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 973-655-4376 or visit Apply for Graduation. All other questions related to your academic standing may be directed to your academic advisor.
If you plan to attend the College of Science and Mathematics Convocation, you must register at MarchingOrder. Graduates are only eligible to attend the ceremony which they have been assigned.
Registration will open on Monday, February 28, 2022 and close on Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
Here you will also be asked to record the correct pronunciation of your full name (first, middle last, suffix) to be used, as you are personally recognized while crossing the stage during the Convocation ceremony. This form also allows you to indicate how many guest tickets you would like, indicate whether you plan to attend the Commencement ceremony, and link directly to the website for ordering regalia.
- Click on the link to the MarchingOrder registration system that was sent to your MSU email address from email@example.com to start the registration process.
- If you didn’t receive the email, go to MarchingOrder, click on “New Users”, and enter your @montclair.edu email address. You will receive an email prompting you to create a new password to access the site. You must enter your Montclair email using the @montclair.edu format. Entering @mail.montclair.edu will not be accepted by the system.
- Log in and complete the registration process and click “Submit”.
- You may return to the site at any time by going to MarchingOrder and using your @montclair.edu email address and newly created password.
The deadline to complete this form is Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
Regalia is required to participate in Commencement and Convocation. Regalia must be purchased in advance of the ceremonies. Regalia will not be available for purchase at Commencement or Convocations. All orders will shipped directly to the student’s home.
Please note ordering deadlines below.
- Candidates for Bachelor’s Degrees: Bachelor’s regalia is black in color and includes cap, gown and tassel. The deadline to order regalia is Monday, April 25, 2022
- Candidates for Master’s Degrees: Master’s regalia is red in color and includes cap, gown, hood and tassel. The deadline to order is Monday, April 25, 2022
- Candidates for Doctoral Degrees: Doctoral regalia is red in color, faced down the front with black velvet, with three bars of the same across the sleeves; includes tam (cap), gown, hood and tassel. Doctoral degree candidates have three options for ordering regalia:
- Purchase a Fine Quality Custom Package: Includes gown, fine quality hood and custom tam. The gown and tam are custom made to graduate’s exact measurements. The deadline to order is Monday, April 4, 2022. Please allow 6 weeks for delivery.
- Purchase Souvenir Package 1: Includes souvenir gown, fine quality hood and custom tam. The tam is custom made to graduate’s exact measurements. The deadline to order is Monday, April 4, 2022
- Purchase Souvenir Package 2: Include a souvenir gown, souvenir hood and souvenir tam. The deadline to order is Monday, April 25, 2022
*Please note there is a slight difference in the tams and tassel between the custom tam and the souvenir tam(photos are available on the ordering website). Graduates may contact The Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org to view options before ordering.
For any regalia related questions, please email email@example.com
Convocation will be held at Sprague Field, an open air venue, and is expected to last between 60-90 minutes. It is highly recommended that students wear comfortable flat shoes since walking on the field and ramps is required. Pocketbooks, backpacks or other carried articles are not permitted in the procession or at students’ seats.
Student check-in is in Lot 7. Students will then be directed to lineup in Lot 3 (behind Panzer Athletic Center). Students must report to check in no later than 12:00pm. Guests are not permitted in the check-in or line-up areas. Montclair State University staff will be available for assistance.
Students will be pre-seated prior to the formal platform party procession.
Convocation is a celebration of your achievements and the hard work on the part of everyone involved including fellow graduates, faculty members, administrators, friends and family. Graduates are asked to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner that demonstrates respect toward their fellow graduates, other guests and the speakers on stage. Please remain in your seat during the ceremony until you called to stage for your individual recognition.
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony may be delayed, rescheduled or canceled. Please call the Montclair State University weather hotline at 973-655-7810 or visit the homepage of the University website for up-to-the-minute information.
Tickets and Reader Cards
- Commencement: Guest tickets are not required for the Commencement ceremony at MetLife Stadium. Seating is general admission and will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Convocations: Guest tickets are required for all Convocations at Sprague Field.
- Graduates can request 5 guest tickets when registering to attend Convocation in MarchingOrder.
- Guest tickets will be distributed by the College, they can be picked up in the CSAM Dean’s Office Monday-Friday, between 8:30-4:30 up until the ceremony.
- Graduates must complete the Post-Graduation Survey prior to picking up ceremony reader cards.
- All guests must have tickets to enter Sprague Field, including children. Guests without an authorized ticket will not be permitted to enter. There will be no exceptions.
- Each ticket is only valid for the Convocation ceremony listed on the ticket
- The deadline to register and request guest tickets in MarchingOrder is 11:55 p.m. on Saturday, April 16, 2022.
Prior to registering for commencement/convocation, you must complete the post-graduation survey. You will be asked to show your survey completion confirmation email when picking up your convocation tickets. The survey is designed to collect feedback about your experience while studying at Montclair State as well as your post-graduation plans. (Learn more about this survey) To access the survey, log in using your NetID and password. Complete the Survey.
Complete this survey for your chance to win a $25.00 Amazon gift card! Winners will be notified via their Montclair State email address and gift cards will be sent electronically. Winners will need to acknowledge receipt of the email to claim the code, failure to do so within one month of notification will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Please Note: Your name will be submitted with your responses. Completing the survey does not guarantee graduation. To check on your graduation application status, you will need to review your Degree Works audit. If you are an August 2021, December 2021, or January 2022 graduate, we ask that you resubmit the survey if you indicated that you were still seeking employment or still researching continuing education programs at the time of graduation, or if your post-graduation plans have since changed. If you submitted any other outcome, you do not need to complete the survey again at this time. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students may pick up their ceremony reader cards, to be used when crossing the stage, along with their guest tickets. Graduates must complete the Post-Graduation Survey prior to picking up ceremony reader cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions can be found on the Commencement webpage.
This website contains information about the 2022 College of Science and Mathematics Convocation. For information about Commencement visit the Commencement webpage.