CSAM 2018 Undergraduate Convocation
The College of Science and Mathematics (CSAM) will host a graduation Convocation Ceremony on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on Sprague Field for our undergraduate students who will complete their degree requirements by May 2018 and for those whose degrees were conferred in August 2017 and January 2018. Students should plan to arrive by 9:00am to get in line for the ceremony. CSAM will welcome Dr. Ralph Miano '58, to be recognized with the Distinguished Alumni Award and speak at the ceremony. Dr. Miano graduated with a degree in Chemistry.
Graduation is your opportunity to shine and to celebrate your accomplishments with family, friends, faculty and students. Montclair State University undergraduate students have two opportunities to celebrate the achievement of their degree. First, at small, college-based Undergraduate Convocations held on campus intended to celebrate the academic achievements of baccalaureate candidates and where individual names will be recited. Second, at the large, formal University Commencement ceremony where degrees are officially conferred, held May 25, 2018 at 11a.m. at Prudential Center in Newark.
In case of inclement weather, please call the weather hotline at 973-655-7810 for information regarding cancellation of Convocation.
Please note that doctoral and master's degree candidates are to attend the Graduate Convocation only.
Candidates who will complete their degree requirements by May 2018 and who after filing for a final audit are on the May 2018 graduation list are eligible to participate in the Convocation and/or Commencement exercises. Also eligible to participate are those whose degrees were conferred on August 2017 and January 2018.
If you have questions concerning academic issues relative to your degree, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 973-655-4376. All other questions related to your academic standing may be directed to your academic advisor.
For information on the application for final audit, Certification (Teacher), or if you missed the deadline to file for graduation, visit the registrar.
If you plan to attend the CSAM Undergraduate Convocation, you must register at MarchingOrder.com by 11:59 p.m., Thursday, April 26.
Here you will also be asked to record the correct pronunciation of your full name to be used, as you are personally recognized while crossing the stage during the ceremony. This form also allows you to indicate how many guest tickets you would like, indicate whether you plan to attend the formal Commencement ceremony, and link directly to the website for ordering regalia.
- Click on the Marching Order link sent to your MSU email address to complete the registration process. If you didn't receive the email, go to https://montclair.marchingorder.com/#/registration and enter your @montclair.edu email address. You will receive an email prompting you to create a password to access the site.
- Log in and complete the registration process.
- You may return to the site anytime by going to https://montclair.marchingorder.com and using your @montclair.edu email address and the newly created password.
The deadline to complete this form is 11:59 p.m., Thursday, April 26, 2018.
Tickets and Reader Cards
Guest tickets are required for Undergraduate Convocation. Each student may request up to [insert number] tickets. To request tickets, complete the Undergraduate Convocation registration at Marching Order. Here you will also record your name pronunciation for the ceremony.
The deadline to register in MarchingOrder is 11:59 p.m., Thursday, April 26.
Dates, times and location for picking up tickets and your name pronunciation card (reader card) will be announced at a later date.
Graduating students have two options for ordering regalia:
- Place your order by the Friday, March 30 deadline and have your order shipped free to the University Bookstore. Pick up at the Graduation Fair, Wednesday, April 25, between 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., in the Student Center Ballroom.
- After the Friday, March 30 deadline, ship to home is the only option. All orders will ship directly to the student's home for an additional fee. The last day to place an order for home shipping is Thursday, May 3.
Order Regalia: https://montclair.shopoakhalli.com
Please note that Regalia will not be available for purchase at Convocation or Commencement.
Convocation will be held at Sprague Field, an open air venue, and is expected to last between 60 and 90 minutes. It is highly recommended that students wear comfortable flat shoes since walking on the field is required. Pocketbooks, backpacks or other carried articles are not permitted in the procession or at students' seats.
Student check-in and lineup will be in Lot 3 (behind Panzer Athletic Center). Students must report to check in no later than 9:30am. Guests are not permitted in the check-in or line-up areas. Signs will be posted to identify major/department locations for line up. Faculty marshals will be available for assistance.
Students will be pre-seated prior to the formal faculty procession.
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony may be delayed, rescheduled or canceled. Please call the Montclair State University weather hotline at 973-655-7810 or visit the homepage of the University website for up-to-the-minute information.
- Commencement exercises will take place indoors at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ, on Friday, May 25 at 11 a.m.
- Ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes
- Individual students' names are not read during the ceremony
- Seating is unlimited and tickets are not required for the Commencement Ceremony
- Students participating in Commencement are required to wear full academic regalia
Academic regalia may be purchased at the University Bookstore
For more information regarding the University Commencement, please visit the University Commencement website.