5 Year Programs
Kick-Start Your Career with a five-year combined BS/MS program
With a combined program, up to 12 credits can be applied towards undergraduate and graduate degrees, all at undergraduate tuition rates, a savings of over $250 per credit! With the competitive job market, an increasing number of employers prefer candidates with advanced degrees. The combined degree programs are an attractive, efficient and fast-track option for students who intend to pursue advanced studies.
Advantages of combined programs
- Accelerated time frame
- Lower costs
- Rapid advancement to research opportunities
- Emphasizes focus and work-ethic to employers
- Strong base for doctoral studies
The Combined Programs
- Chemistry (BS/MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Chemistry Teaching (BS/MAT) - Teacher Cert. in Chemistry | Teacher Cert. in Physical Science
- Computer Science (BS/MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Earth and Environmental Science -
- Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (BS/MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Mathematics Teaching (BS/MAT) -
- Mathematics with Concentration in Statistics (BS)/Statistics (MS) - Undergraduate
- Mathematics (BS)/Mathematics, Pure and Applied Concentration (MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Mathematics of Finance (BS) Statistics (MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Mathematics (BS)/Statistics (MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Physics (BS) Mathematics, Pure and Applied Concentration (MS) - Undergraduate
- Physics (BS) Mechanical Engineering (MS at Stevens) - Undergraduate
- Sustainability Science (BS/MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
How it works
- Applicants: apply to the regular BS for the program you want to pursue.
- You can indicate your interest in a five-year program when assigned an academic advisor.
- Conclusion of junior year: you must have 90 credits completed with a 3.0 or higher GPA in your major.
- Conclusion of senior year: you must submit your Graduate School application by the specified deadline with a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA as well as meeting the requirements for the graduate program you're interested in. The GRE will be waived if required for the graduate program you are applying to.
- If you have completed your undergraduate requirements for graduation, you will be eligible to participate in the Commencement exercises correlating with your Bachelor's degree.