5 Year Programs
Get ahead with a five-year combined BS/MS program
Combined programs allow up to 12 credits to be applied towards an undergraduate and graduate degree, all at undergraduate tuition rates! The combined degree programs are an attractive, efficient, and affordable option for students seeking a competitive edge when they enter the job market.
- Undergraduate: $426.33
- Graduate: $713.19
- Savings: $286.86 per credit (up to $3,442.32)
- Undergraduate: $685.92
- Graduate: $1029.21
- Savings: $343.29 per credit (up to $4,119.48)
*using Fall 2018 rates
Advantages of combined programs
- Accelerated time frame
- Lower costs
- Rapid advancement to research opportunities
- Emphasizes focus and work-ethic to employers
- Strong base for doctoral studies
The Combined Programs
- Chemistry (BS/MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Chemistry Teaching (BS/MAT) - Teacher Cert. in Chemistry | Teacher Cert. in Physical Science
- Computer Science (BS/MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Earth and Environmental Science -
- Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (BS/MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Mathematics Teaching (BS/MAT) -
- Mathematics with Concentration in Statistics (BS)/Statistics (MS) - Undergraduate
- Mathematics (BS)/Mathematics, Pure and Applied Concentration (MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Mathematics of Finance (BS) Statistics (MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Mathematics (BS)/Statistics (MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Physics (BS) Mathematics, Pure and Applied Concentration (MS) - Undergraduate
- Physics (BS) Mechanical Engineering (MS at Stevens) - Undergraduate
- Sustainability Science (BS/MS) - Undergraduate | Graduate
How it works
- Applicants: apply to the regular BS for the program you want to pursue.
- You can indicate your interest in a five-year program when assigned an academic advisor.
- Conclusion of junior year: you must have 90 credits completed with a 3.0 or higher GPA in your major.
- Conclusion of senior year: you must submit your Graduate School application by the specified deadline with a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA as well as meeting the requirements for the graduate program you're interested in. The GRE will be waived if required for the graduate program you are applying to.
Once your undergraduate requirements are completed, you'll receive your Bachelor's degree.