NGSS Implementation Roundtable for Administrators - CLOSED waiting list ONLY
Accepting Names for the waiting list ONLY.
On December 13, an NGSS Implementation Roundtable will be held to bring together the science education community in New Jersey to reflect on successes and challenges to date with NGSS implementation. The goal of the session will be to share best practice for the design and effective application of STEM curriculum.
DATE: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
TIME: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
LOCATION: University Hall, 7th Floor, Montclair State University
In response to requests from NJ school administrators, PRISM at Montclair State University and SELECT at Rider University will host this event, which will include:
- An update from NJ-DOE state Science Coordinator, Michael Heinz, on the status of NGSS implementation in New Jersey.
- A panel of NJ district representatives to discuss NGSS implementation successes, challenges to STEM education, solutions to assessment issues, and resources relative to implementing the NGSS.
- A choice of small, NGSS-focused breakout sessions appropriate for superintendents, principals, and science supervisors.
- A sharing of best practices and “NGSS lesson learned” by NJ teachers
- A facilitated discussion of specific professional development needs to enable planning of targeted workshops and consulting services offered by PRISM and Rider-SELECT.
- Lunch, refreshments, and networking opportunities.
The program will include lunch, refreshments, free parking, and sample materials relevant to the NGSS. A generous grant from Bristol-Myers Squibb will support the majority of the program cost, reducing the registration fee to $30.
District teams are encouraged to attend however at this time we have reached capacity. You can be placed on a waiting list.
PUT ME ON THE WAITING LIST - IF you are removed from the waiting list you will need to bring a purchase order or check for $30 the day of the event.
Directions and parking instructions will be sent with your confirmation if removed from the waiting list.