Get ahead with a five-year combined BS/MS program
Combined programs allow up to 12 credits to be applied towards an undergraduate and graduate degree, all at undergraduate tuition rates! The combined degree programs are an attractive, efficient and affordable option for students seeking a competitive edge when they enter the job market.
- Undergraduate: $426.33
- Graduate: $713.19
- Savings: $286.86 per credit (up to $3,442.32)
- Undergraduate: $685.92
- Graduate: $1029.21
- Savings: $343.29 per credit (up to $4,119.48)
*using Fall 2018 rates
Advantages of combined programs
- Accelerated time frame
- Lower costs
- Rapid advancement to research opportunities
- Emphasizes focus and work-ethic to employers
- Strong base for doctoral studies
The Combined Programs
- Chemistry (BS/MS) – Chemistry (BS/MS) Undergraduate | Chemistry (BS/MS) Graduate
- Chemistry Teaching (BS/MAT) – Teacher Certification in Chemistry | Teacher Certification in Physical Science
- Computer Science (BS/MS) – Computer Science (BS/MS) Undergraduate | Computer Science (BS/MS) Graduate
- Earth and Environmental Science –
- Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (BS/MS) – Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (BS/MS) Undergraduate | Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (BS/MS) Graduate
- Mathematics Teaching (BS/MAT) – Teacher Certification in Mathematics (P-12 and Teacher of Students with Disabilities)
- Mathematics (BS)/Statistics (MS) – Mathematics (BS)/Statistics (MS) Undergraduate
- Physics (BS) Applied Mathematics (MS) – Physics (BS) Applied Mathematics (MS) Undergraduate
- Physics (BS) Mechanical Engineering (MS at Stevens) – Physics (BS) Mechanical Engineering (MS at Stevens) Undergraduate
- Sustainability Science (BS/MS) – Sustainability Science (BS/MS) Undergraduate | Sustainability Science (BS/MS) Graduate
How it works
- Applicants: apply to the regular BS for the program you want to pursue.
- You can indicate your interest in a five-year program when assigned an academic advisor.
- Conclusion of junior year: you must have 90 credits completed with a 3.0 or higher GPA in your major.
- Conclusion of senior year: you must submit your Graduate School application by the specified deadline with a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA as well as meeting the requirements for the graduate program you’re interested in. The GRE will be waived if required for the graduate program you are applying to.
BS/MBA 4+1 Programs
The “4 + 1” Bachelors/MBA allows students to spend three years taking courses required for their chosen bachelor’s degree program and in their fourth year, they complete their required undergraduate program courses in addition to 6 credits worth of graduate business (MBA) coursework that count towards both undergraduate and MBA degree requirements. Approved Bachelor’s degrees in CSAM are:
- Environmental Science
Learn More about the BS/MBA programs and procedures.
Once undergraduate requirements are completed, students will receive their bachelor’s degree, and are eligible to participate in Convocation and Commencement.