Red Hawk Math Learning Center
With the creation of the Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center, Montclair State University has implemented an innovative, exciting and successful approach to mathematics education. The Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center (RHMLC) is a mathematics “emporium” style computer-aided learning facility. We offer six classes in the RHMLC:
- MATH 100 - Intermediate Algebra - MATH-100 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MATH 103 - The Development of Mathematics - MATH-103 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MATH 109 - Statistics - MATH-109 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MATH 110 - Biostatistics - MATH-110 Student Contract & Syllabus
- MATH 115 - Supplemental Topics in Statistics for the Biological Sciences - MATH-115 Student Contract & Syllabus
Learn more about each course on the Course Information page.
The RHMLC is committed to providing a superior learning environment by coupling advanced, user-friendly mathematics technology with personal, on-demand assistance from highly qualified instructors, graduate assistants and advanced undergraduate tutors. Courses in the RHMLC are designed to encourage active learning and problem solving skills, as students learn mathematics most effectively when “doing mathematics.” Students also have small group lectures or breakout sessions (called focus groups) with an instructor on a regular basis to keep them on target and to enable a stronger connection to their classmates, center staff and the material.
The Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center (RHMLC) is located on the third floor of Conrad J. Schmitt Hall and is comprised of rooms: 327, 329, and 352, as well as an individual tutoring room on the third floor near the Center in room CS340.
- Monday, Wednesdays, and Thursday: 8:30am to 8:15pm
- Tuesdays: 8:30am - 6:45pm
- Saturdays: 12 noon - 4:00pm
No classes but tutors and proctors are available. Come to do homework or take a quiz or test
- Wednesday: 2:30 - 5:30pm
- Saturday: 12 noon - 4:00pm
Exceptions for Spring 2018
- March 5-11 (Spring Break) - Closed *
- March 30 - April 1 (Holiday Break) - Closed
- May 1st - RHMLC will follow a Friday schedule
- May 3-9 - RHMLC Final Exam Period
- See your final exam schedule in your MyLabsPlus class or posted at the RHMLC.
- You must take your final exam at the assigned time
- May 10-20 - Closed *
* If you would like access, please see an instructor ahead of time to discuss possibilities.
- Tutoring Room CS340