What it's like to work in the Red Hawk Math Learning Center
- Do you enjoy working with and helping others?
- Are you able to clearly explain information to your fellow classmates?
- Have you been told you are approachable or easy to talk to?
- Do you have a strong mathematics background?
If you answer yes to these questions, the Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center can be a rewarding place on campus for you to work. Staff at the RHMLC will be in the front lines helping fellow students succeed in their mathematics coursework. We are seeking responsible, caring and motivated students who enjoy working with others and have excellent communication skills.
The following positions will be available in the Mathematics Learning Center each semester.
Undergraduate & Graduate/Professional Tutors (UT, GT, PT)
Undergraduate Tutors are an integral part of the success of students in the Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center. While a student with a major in mathematics is an ideal candidate, all applicants to the UT position should have mathematics experience through Calculus or advanced Statistics (beyond Math 109). GTs and PTs should have a strong background in mathematics and statistics. Applicants to any of the positions should be:
- friendly and courteous to all students
- willing to assist other students questions
- have strong communication skills
- ability to follow directions of instructors and graduate assistants working in the RHMLC
Tutors are required to complete in-person and online training during the month prior to the first day of the semester.
Graduate Assistants are assigned to the Red Hawk Mathematics Learning Center by the Chair of the Mathematics Department.
Contact the RHMLC director regarding current job openings and pay rates.