The College of Science and Mathematics is committed to providing a safe laboratory environment for its faculty, staff, students and visitors. The University Laboratory Safety Program intends to minimize the risk of injury or illness to laboratory workers and students by ensuring they have the training, information, support and equipment needed to work safely in the laboratory.
The following PDF documents are available for review by all laboratory participants, including faculty, staff and students:
- CSAM Laboratory Safety Manual (PDF)
- Montclair State University Radiation Safety Manual (PDF)
- CSAM Laser Safety Manual (PDF)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Safety Rules for Physics Labs (PDF)
- Volunteer Student and Faculty/Staff Supervisor Research Agreement Form (PDF)
In addition to training given by Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), all faculty, staff and students are encouraged to thoroughly read these manuals prior to participating in CSAM labs. You can also learn about the Guide to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling (PDF) for standards on handling chemicals as specified by the United Nations.