Social Media Success: Influencing, Marketing, and Creative Strategy
Welcome to Social Media Success: Influencing, Marketing, and Creative Strategy, a pre-college program at Montclair State University. In your week on campus, you’ll learn more about creating content, working with influencers, and understanding and analyzing social media data. You will also learn how to be more creative while understanding how to reach the right audience at the right place at the right time. You will use tools to help you understand how to plan and execute social media campaigns and how creating content for social can extend a brand’s reach across other forms of media. You will work in small teams, and each group will be responsible for creating a unique social media campaign and presenting its plans and unique content to the class at the end of the week.
You’ll learn from amazing Montclair faculty and guest speakers who have extensive experience in social media and influencer marketing. An exciting aspect of the week includes a field trip to a media outlet or creative agency to see how social media teams operate and execute plans, and react in real-time to trends or a crisis that affects their organization or client. This will all happen in our nationally recognized Center for Strategic Communication in the School of Communication and Media, where students benefit from access to social media and data analytics tools and programs. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to Montclair this summer, where you’ll take the next step towards your future while enjoying all the fun of residential life on our scenic campus only 12 miles from New York City.
In this program, you will:
- Understand how social media fits into the overall marketing mix to drive awareness and growth.
- Create unique content using state-of-the-art facilities, tools and apps.
- Learn how to be more creative to fuel content ideas and brand growth.
- Use a social media data analytics program to understand how brands measure a campaign’s effectiveness.
- Use social media listening tools to monitor a brand’s online reputation and health, and how to manage or mitigate a crisis.
- Learn about the art of selecting and working with influencers, and how to measure their effectiveness.
- Learn from “best in class” case studies across a variety of industries that will stimulate creativity and enhance your approach to social media content.
During the program you’ll also be taking a trip to visit PR and strategic communications agencies in New York City. There, you’ll meet with social media professionals who represent a wide variety of brands across industries. You’ll get first-hand insights into how they plan social media campaigns, create content in real time on tight deadlines, navigate misinformation/disinformation, and monitor online chatter about their clients’ brands.
Professor Keith Green
Coordinator of Strategic Communications
School of Communication and Media