Educational Leadership (MA) – Offsite at Union County College
We are excited to offer educators the opportunity to complete our MA in Educational Leadership program at Union County College in Scotch Plains, New Jersey. This program has been created in an effort to better serve our students and provide a program that is accessible to students who live further away from Montclair State’s campus. The entire program is designed to be completed at Union County College.
Course offerings afford students the opportunity to apply course knowledge within their district in partnership with district administrators. Students enrolled in offsite cohorts receive the same excellent quality of education Montclair State is known for. However, offsite students enjoy the added benefit of taking their classes close to where they live or in the district where they work.
The MA in Educational Leadership Program at Union County College offers students the opportunity to earn their Supervisor, Principal, and School Administrator certifications. This 2-year program starts in the fall semester and has students taking one course at a time, completing two 8 week hybrid courses per semester. Our hybrid courses provide a learning approach that balances online and on-campus learning where students alternate weeks going to the UCC campus and learning virtually. Each 8-week hybrid class will meet four times on the UCC campus.
Along with the Educational Leadership (MA) degree, the department also offers the following options for graduate study: Educational Leadership (MA), Educational Leadership (MA – Online), and Educational Leadership (MA – Fast Track).
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific program of interest.
- Application Deadline: August 1st.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Educational Leadership (MA) – Offsite at Union County College program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Two Short Answer Questions (250-350 Words each). The prompts are:
- Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership in your school/district OR describe a challenge you have faced that has influenced your leadership approach.
- The Ed. Leadership Department at Montclair State University aims to prepare culturally responsive and anti-racist leaders who create more equitable schools and a more just society. Describe some ways you could contribute to supporting equity and diversity in your school/district.
- Resume: Required.
- Teacher Certification: One.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two. (Letters of recommendation are not required only for the Fall 2022 semester)
- Standardized Test Scores: Not required.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the US degree equivalency information.
Complete 36 semester hours. For more information, please visit the Educational Leadership (MA) program listing in the University Catalog.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Educational Leadership (MA) – Offsite at Union County College Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. To find the updated summer chair for this program.*