NOTE: The following scholarships are available for students in the classes specified. Senior awards are medals or medallions unless otherwise specified.
- The Vincent, Dorothy, and Teresa Farrell Scholarship is presented to a freshman student who demonstrates high academic achievement and active participation in department activities.
- The Joseph Nerenberg ’31 Award is dedicated to him for his life-long devotion to serving youth and in recognition of his 60 years of service to the Red Cross.
- The Panzer Alumni Scholarship is presented to a student physical education major for highest scholastic average and evidence of professional competence.
- The Elvera De Muth Perkins Scholarship is for a student majoring in physical education who gives evidence of promise for making positive contributions to the field of physical education.
- The Margaret C. Brown Scholarship recognizes the physical education sophomore who has the highest cumulative average and reflects some of Dr. Brown’s professional ideals through leadership, service or participation in professional physical education activities on or off campus (i.e., conference, workshop, convention).
- The Gerald A. Garafola Scholarship is for distinguished contributions through participation and leadership in department activities, and a grade point average of 2.8 or more.
- The Scott and Dorothea Harris Scholarship is for a sophomore student who demonstrates scholastic achievement of at least 3.0, good citizenship of the college and the community, and the promise of being a successful teacher of physical education.
- The Margaret C. Brown Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a sophomore who is active in providing service to the community.
- The Nicholas and Columbia Ciccone Scholarship is for a junior physical education major demonstrating skill in motivating the older adults to keep fit through movement activities.
- The A. J. Gorton Scholarship is for maintaining and demonstrating a high level of skill in physical education activities.
- The Ethel Simpson Lenkowsky ’37 Scholarship is for a junior physical education major who has attained an academic record of high quality.
- The Dean Martino Memorial Scholarship recognizes a junior physical education major who demonstrates a specific quality of Dean: a willingness to give of himself and his time to others.
- The Thelma Thompson Scholarship is presented to the junior physical education major with the highest grade and achievement in the measurement and evaluation course.
- The Margaret C. Brown Award, Sponsored by H. Krakower is a senior medal awarded for professional excellence.
- The Jay B. Nash Award is presented to a senior physical education and health major who has shown excellence in professional courses and in student teaching.
- The Henry Panzer Medal is presented to honor creative teaching.
- The Randall D. Warden Medal is given to recognize the senior with the highest scholastic achievement.
- The Dr. Richard W. Tews Memorial Award is presented to a senior student in teacher education who has demonstrated high academic achievement, reflected in a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 and whose behavior reflects high ethical standards and exemplary professionalism in Physical Education.
- The Giardina Award for Excellence in Pre-Service Teaching is presented to a MAT candidate with a concentration in Physical Education or Health and Physical Education, who demonstrates excellence in pre-service teaching experiences, with a GPA of at least 3.0.
Scholarships And Awards Year Not Specified
- The Sue Fuller Memorial Scholarship is to any student for outstanding contributions through service to athletics (i.e., manager, publicity, statistician, etc.).
- The Paul Bogatko Scholarship is for a student who graduated from a Newark Public High School and is a student in good standing.
- The Dr. Hazel M. Wacker Award is presented by the Panzer Student Association to a student for contributions made to physical education through service in the Panzer Student Association, and who has a cumulative average of 2.75 or more.
- The Dr. Richard W. Tews Award is also presented by the Panzer Student Association to a student for contributions to physical education through service in the Panzer Student Association, and who has a cumulative average of 2.75 or more.
- The Panzer Student Service Award is presented to a student, in good academic standing, who has given outstanding leadership and service to the department and the Panzer Student Association.
- The Panzer Student Association Adapted Physical Education Awards (four) are presented to students who demonstrate exceptional service and qualities of leadership, understanding and creativity while fulfilling practicum assignments in the adapted area.
- The Elysia Philipp Scholarship is given to a very capable student in the Department of Physical Education as determined by a selection committee.
- The Rose Popkin Simon Scholarship: Mrs. Rose Popkin Simon ’19, a graduate of one of the first Panzer classes, is very artistic and known for her dance performance. The Rose Popkin Simon ’19 Scholarship is for a physical education major who exhibits creativity and beauty of movement in some aspect of dance.
- The Harry Nowick Scholarship is presented to a student majoring in Physical Education, who demonstrates an interest in soccer.
- The Judge Esther K. Untermann Award ’22 is presented to a student for qualities of positive leadership and high cumulative average.
- The Joseph P. Ceres Scholarship recognizes a sophomore or junior physical education major student who has shown exceptional ability and leadership in gymnastics.
- The Coder-Horn Outstanding Student Athletic Trainer Award is presented to the student athletic trainer who exhibits excellence in the classroom and the training room.
- The Major Roger Palmisano Scholarship is presented by to a student in good academic standing (cumulative average at least 2.5) who demonstrates exceptional skill and interest in lacrosse.
- The Sidney Rothbard Scholarship is designated for a full-time undergraduate student with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher who exhibits good sportsmanship and the understanding of the importance of teamwork.
- The George Horn Award is given to a student in good academic standing with an interest in track and field, who demonstrates leadership, team spirit and a desire to make a positive contribution to society.
- The Ashley Hammond Scholarship is presented to a physical education major who demonstrates exceptional skill and interest in soccer.
- The Dr. Hazel M. Wacker Scholarship is presented to a student majoring in Physical Education, who provides documented volunteer service to an off-campus community group, organization or institution.
- The Panzer Trust Scholarship for Graduate Studies is presented to a Recreation and Leisure Studies major who has been accepted for graduate studies.
- The Panzer Trust for Graduate Studies Scholarship is for a Health Professions major who has been accepted for graduate studies at a college or university.