Working closely with other offices providing faculty development across the University, the Office for Faculty Engagement and Advancement supports excellence in all areas of academic life for Montclair State University faculty members.
Announcing HAWKFlex Teaching for Fall 2020
Hawk Flex represents the range of instructional delivery options available for MSU courses. The range aims to support the instructional needs of students, faculty, and programs within the challenging environment of the COVID-19 pandemic. The instructional modalities available in Hawk Flex will enable faculty and students to be flexible, prepared, and supported in various teaching and learning situations and, while developed during the COVID-19 pandemic, they are intended to be enduring, available post-COVID-19.
https://t.co/phacLhF8Wa— The Office for Faculty Advancement MSU (@MSU_Faculty) date here
What We’re All About
The Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA) promotes faculty excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship. Developed out of the University’s teaching and learning center (RAUL), the Office of Faculty Advancement will retain its primary focus on excellence in teaching and learning while expanding to support faculty development in the areas of scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship.
Primary functions of the OFA:
- Sponsorship of programs and services that further faculty advancement in teaching, research, and university citizenship,
- Development and maintenance of a clearinghouse and collaborative referral network to effectively guide faculty to programs, offices and informational sources that support their advancement.
- Development of new initiatives, including, tool and programs to support new faculty; curricula and program development, diversity and inclusion goals, data analytics for student success, research and teaching success, and career management.
News and Opportunities
- Collaborative Learning Workshop: Designing for Asynchronous Online CoursesFriday June 19, 2020
- Collaborative Learning Workshop: Designing for Synchronous Online CoursesFriday June 19, 2020
- HawkFlex Teaching: MSU Modalities of InstructionFriday June 12, 2020