The OFA is designed for faculty and all those who support faculty at Montclair State. Welcome!
The Montclair State Teaching Principles are designed to support the instructional needs of students, faculty, and programs within the challenging environment of the current COVID-19 pandemic and forward-planning for post-pandemic teaching and learning environments. The instructional modalities available in HawkFlex enable faculty and students to be flexible, prepared, and supported in various teaching and learning situations; and, while developed during the COVID-19 pandemic, they are intended to be enduring, available post-COVID-19.
News and Opportunities
- April 29, 2021 - Democracy Perspectives from Computer Science: Challenges and OpportunitiesMonday April 5, 2021
- April 20, 2021 - [FILM SCREENING/PANEL] Half-Mile, Upwind, on Foot: Faith, Race, and Pipeline Resistance in the Wake of Standing RockMonday April 5, 2021
- April 7, 2021 - Information Literacy in a Post-Truth EraMonday April 5, 2021
Students struggling but not seeking campus mental health support https://t.co/HEYw3ULqFo— The Office for Faculty Advancement MSU (@MSU_Faculty) date here
The Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA) promotes faculty excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship through:
- Sponsorship of programs and services that further faculty advancement in teaching, research, and university citizenship,
- Development and maintenance of a clearinghouse and collaborative referral network to effectively guide faculty to programs, offices, and informational sources that support their advancement.
- Development of new initiatives, including, tools and programs to support new faculty; curricula and program development, diversity and inclusion goals, data analytics for student success, research and teaching success, and career management.
The Office for Faculty Advancement is greatly supported by the Advisory Council, chaired by Kathleen Kelly and comprised of faculty expert and accomplished in teaching from across the University.