In light of the circumstances with COVID-19, we wanted to remind you that the University can receive invoices via email. While we always encourage departments to advise suppliers to send invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org, we believe this is more important in the current environment. To that end, we are asking all vendors that currently mail invoices to consider emailing them to email@example.com at this time. Invoices submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org must have the following:
- Reference a valid Montclair State University purchase order and be billed to Montclair State University.
- Have a unique invoice number and invoice date. Duplicate invoice numbers will not be accepted.
- Montclair State University ordering and ship-to contact information.
- If taxable and non-taxable items are included on the same invoice, separate the total taxable and total non-taxable amounts (preferred).
- Please send only one invoice per email attachments (preferred).
- File must be one of the following types: .PDF, .DOC/.DOCX, .TIF/.TIFF or .JPEG/.JPEG.
Please do not send inquiries or duplicate invoices to email@example.com. This is an invoice processing address that does not respond to inquiries.
Departments, be sure to:
- Complete a purchase order before the supplier delivers the good or service.
- Receive the good or service before the supplier sends AP an invoice.
- Remind the supplier to send invoices directly to AP.
- Respond to our request to review invoices via Comments.
Office of the University Controller