Register for FMS PeopleSoft training classes
- Training and Event Registration page – Register today with your Net ID and password.
End User UPK ONLINE training documents
- Visit the User Productivity Kit – Detailed training content spanning all FMS modules for End Users
Additional FMS training documentation
- Remotely Access Montclair State University PeopleSoft Reference
- Requisitions Lifecycle Breakdown
- FMS Chart of Accounts
- FMS Budget Owners List
- Complete Approval Flow Guide
- Reference Guide for PeopleSoft Requisitioner
- Catering Requisitioner Reference Guide
- Quick Invoice Requisitioner Reference Guide
- Employee Reimbursements – Quick Invoice
- Purchasing Methodologies
- Select Specific Supplier
- PeopleSoft Breadcrumbs flier
- Procurement Basics–Quick Reference Guide
- Receiver Reference Guide
- “Amount Only” Receiver Reference Guide
- Managing Your Requisition Queue
- Alphabetize the Main Menu
- Change Suppliers on a Copied Requisition
- Read the PO Payment Screen
- Complete the Attention Field _WB Mason Orders
- Save Requisition During Creation
- Print an Unofficial PO
- Special Request Requisitions – Quick Tips
- Reference Guide for PeopleSoft Approver
- PS Catering Approver Reference Guide
- Quick Invoice Approver Reference Guide
- FMS Requisition Approver Reference Guide
- Glossary of General Ledger Terms
- Budgets Overview Reference Guide
- Department Query Reference Guide
- Budget Overview Agency Accounts Reference Guide
- Troubleshooting Budget Errors
End User Role Descriptions
Each role consists of permissions enabling the user to perform appropriate business processes. An individual user may be assigned more than one role depending on their job at the University.
General Ledger and Budget Roles
- GL Department Manager– Enter and submit budget and actual revenue and expense journals for approval, view reports in the Report Manager, and view tree structures in the Tree Manager. This position defaults to the Department Manager listed in FMS.
- Department Administrator – Enter and submit budget and actual revenue and expense journals for approval, view reports in the Report Manager, and view tree structures in the Tree Manager. This position supports the Department Manager role.
- Budget Overview – This role can view a summary of the budget, actual revenues and expenses, encumbrances, and balances by department and other Chart Field criteria. This position defaults to the Department Manager listed in FMS. It can be assigned to other individuals with the approval of the Department Manager.
- Budget AdHoc Approver – Assigned to the individual that manages the budget. The Budget Analyst(Budget office staff member) will determine if an additional approval is needed on a budget entry and can push it to this role for approval. An example of a budget entry that would require an additional approval is when it involves two departments or divisions.
Procure to Pay (P2P) Roles
- Procurement Requisitioner – Create purchase requisitions up until the point of approval, view all the details of the requisitions and purchase orders, confirm receipt of merchandise or services, and view supplier information and item lists.
- Procurement Requisition Approver Principal Investigator (PI) – When a purchase requisition is on a grant or Contract, the PI can create the requisition and it will workflow to Grant Accounting for final approval. The PI can manage requisition approvals and view all the details of the requisition and purchase order.
- Procurement Requisition Approver GL Department Manager – Approve purchase requisitions and change requests, view all details of the requisition and purchase order, and view supplier information and item lists. This position defaults to the Department Manager listed in FMS.
- Procurement Requisition Approver IT Buyer – When a purchase requisition is a predefined technology purchase, the workflow of the requisition will need an approval by the Information Technology division. The IT Buyer can manage requisition approvals and view all the details of the requisition, view the IT item list, and view supplier information.
- Procurement Requisition Approver – Communications Admin – When a purchase requisition is a predefined printing purchase, the workflow of the requisition will need an approval by the University Communications Department. The Communications Admin can manage requisition approvals and view all the details of the requisition.
- Receiver – The Department Manager needs to identify the Requisitioners that Receivers can also receive goods and/or services for in lieu of the Requisitioner. The Receiver must sign into FMS and receive the goods or services by line item on the Purchase Order to create the second part of the three-way match(Purchase Order, Receipt, and Invoice or Voucher) before the supplier/vendor can be paid.