On Campus Employment

F-1 students who have a valid Montclair State I-20 and are in valid F-1 status can work part-time on campus while attending classes.

  • F-1 students may work 20 hours or less per week on campus during the fall and spring semesters
  • F-1 students may work full-time on campus during vacation periods (summer, spring break)
  • If multiple jobs are held on campus students must make sure that the total number of hours does not exceed 20 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters
  • Full-time class enrollment is required while working on campus and students must be making satisfactory progress towards their degree
  • Students must obtain employment authorization from International Services in the form of a Employment Verification Letter. This letter must be submitted to your on-campus employment supervisor
  • A Social Security Card is required in order to begin employment. It is not available without proof of legal work authorization and proof of an employer.  If you are offered an on-campus job but do not have a Social Security Card, see the Social Secuirty Cards section for instructions regarding how to obtain a card. 

Still have questions?  Email intserv@mail.montclair.edu!