Music – Performer’s Certificate
The Music – Performer’s Certificate is a one-year program designed for highly talented and motivated young musicians seeking intensive music study. Completion of the program requires six credits per semester. Due to the intensive amount of weekly practicing and rehearsing involved, students in this program will be considered by the University to be full-time students. The tuition fees will be calculated according to “In-state Graduate” tuition.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
The Office of Graduate Admissions requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Music – Performer’s Certificate program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement: Please write one integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions.
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career? Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the US degree equivalency information.
This program is 12 credits. In generic form, this program contains 16 hours of principal private study and eight hours of chamber music and/or large-ensemble participation. Credits from previous study may not be substituted or transferred into the Music – Performer’s Certificate program. For more information, please visit the Music – Performer’s Certificate program listing in the University Catalog.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
Office of Graduate Admissions
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Find the updated summer chair for this program.*