Alignment with the Missions of Higher Education
- Design health promotion initiatives that support student success as defined by the institution of higher education.
- Disseminate research that demonstrates the effect of individual health behaviors and environmental factors on student success.
- Advocate for health as core value of the institution of higher education.
- Examine and address campus and community health issues at all levels of the socioecological model — interpersonal, interpersonal, institutional, community, and public policy.
- Focus primarily on transforming the campus and community environments through population-level initiatives.
- Advocate for campus, local, state, and national policies that address campus and community health.
- Advocate for campus, local, state and national policies that address campus and community health.
- Advocate for a shared vision of health as the responsibility of all campus and community members.
- Seek and cultivate interdisciplinary campus and community partnerships that advance health promotion initiatives.
- Identify and mobilize stakeholders for collective action to create health-promoting environments.
- Utilize campus and community resources that maximize the reach and effectiveness of health promotion initiatives.
- Design health promotion initiatives that are proactive, responsive and sensitive to the needs and preferences of a diverse and changing population.
- Design health promotion initiatives that are guided by values of cultural inclusion, respect, equality and equity.
- Design and implement health promotion initiatives that are guided by accepted theoretical frameworks and planning models.
- Conduct population-based assessments of health status, needs and assets.
- Conduct environmental assessments of campus and community health needs and resources.
- Develop measurable goals and objectives for health promotion initiatives.
- Implement evidence-based health promotion initiatives with fidelity to maximize effectiveness.
- Use accepted quantitative and qualitative methods for assessment and program evaluation.
- Disseminate program evaluation results to campus and community stakeholders.
Continuing Professional Development and Service
- Apply ethical principles to the practice of health promotion.
*Based upon the Standards of Practice in Health Promotion In Higher Education.