The following list of perquisites describes the educational, cultural, recreational and other opportunities available to University employees and their families.
- Sprague Library
- Employees and their families may register for borrowing privileges at Sprague Library with a valid Montclair State ID Card. At registration, patrons must provide their name, address and telephone number. For more information, visit the Sprague Library website or call 973-655-4288.
- Student Recreation Center
- Employees may purchase memberships or guest passes to the University’s Student Recreation Center and pool. For more information, please visit Student Recreation Center membership information for Faculty/Staff.
- Ben Samuels Children’s Center
- Montclair State University Employees and their families receive a reduced rate for child care on campus. Full-time or part-time programs are available and may be customized to meet your child care needs. The Children’s Center is located at 80 Clove Road and accepts children from 3 months to 6 years of age. Fees are based on the age of the child and the program selected. For more information about the Ben Samuels Children’s Center’s programs and fees, call 973-655-7177.
- Computer Training
- The Office of Information Technology offers Computer Training at no cost on a space available basis to Montclair State University family members with a valid ID card. For a complete list of available sessions and programs, visit the Information Technology Course Registration page or email email@example.com.
- Dining Services
- Dining Services invites you to “Join the Club.” Faculty and Staff can now purchase meal plans. It’s easy, provides value and convenience and you can deduct the cost from your payroll check. For more information, please visit Dining Services’ Meal Plan information for Faculty/Staff.
- Transform Your ID Card into “Red Hawk Dollars”
- Your ID Card becomes a “debit card” when you enroll in the Red Hawk Dollars Program. Use your ID Card in lieu of cash or checks to purchase items and services at on-campus facilities. The Red Hawk Dollars Office is located in the Student Center, Room 162. For more information, call 973-655-7431.
- University Lectures and Presentations
- Montclair State University families are invited to attend University-sponsored lectures and presentations on campus. A valid ID card is required for some events. For information on upcoming events, view the University Events Calendar.
- Tuition Waivers and Reimbursement
- To view policies on Tuition Waivers and Reimbursement for Montclair State University employees and their dependents, visit Tuition Waivers.
To express appreciation for the valuable service New Jersey State employees provide, the Civil Service Commission provides information on various companies offering discounts on goods and services to current NJ State employees.
For a list of available discounts and information on how to obtain them, visit the State Employee Discount Program page.