Certain benefits may be affected by the death of a spouse/same-sex domestic or civil union partner, or child.
Change your health insurance coverage:
- Log into Benefitsolver
- Select “Change my Benefits”
- Under the “Life Event” tab select “Death of a Dependent”
- Update your benefits within 60 days of the death of your dependent
- Note you will need to submit a copy of their death certificate
Change your Flexible Spending Account contributions:
To enroll or to increase or decrease your Annual Salary Deduction amount, within 30 days of the death of your dependent. Complete the Change in Status form and fax or mail the form directly to Horizon Myway.
Update your beneficiaries for life insurance:
- ABP members must complete the Designation of Beneficiary form and return it to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS) members must use the online Designation of Beneficiary Application available through the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS).