Performance Assessment Schedule
Attention:The Performance Assessment Review for FY' 18 is due on December 31, 2018
The new Performance Assessment Review Cycle is January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018 (Calendar Year Cycle). Each section of the PAR should be completed according to the following schedule:
Step 1: INITIAL AGREEMENT: (Section 1) Due: January 15, 2018
- Supervisor establishes written goals and job expectations for the individual and work group.
- Employee and supervisor should meet to review the performance expectations for the next fiscal year and discuss essential criteria by which the employee will be evaluated.
- All participants should complete and sign of the PAR Initial Agreement and forward it to the HR Coordinator in Overlook Center 3rd Fl HR Department.
Step 2: INTERIM ASSESSMENT PERIOD: (Sections 2, 3 and 4) Due: June 15, 2018
- Supervisors should meet with the employee to discuss his progress based on the established goals for the individual and work group and to implement any necessary development plans halfway through the rating period.
- All participants should complete and sign the Interim Assessment and forward it to the HR Coordinator in Overlook Center 3rd Fl HR Department.
Step 3: FINAL ASSESSMENT PERIOD: (Sections 2, 3,4,5 & 6) Due: December 31, 2018
- Supervisors should meet with the employee to discuss his/her evaluation of the overall performance for the entire rating cycle.
- All participants should complete and sign the Final Assessment and forward the completed packet to the HR Coordinator in Overlook Center 3rd Fl HR Department.
- An Initial Agreement for the next Fiscal Year Cycle should be finalized with the employee and also submitted at this time.
- PAR forms must be completed on all employees employed with Montclair State University for more than 30 days.
- If an employee transfers to another campus department, current supervisors should conduct a "close-out" PAR prior to the employee's last day of work. This should document his/her performance through the last day of work. The new supervisor should establish an Initial Agreement with the new employee.
- The Reviewer (the supervisor's manager) may not change the PAR rating unless it is mutually agreed upon by both the Ratee (employee) and the Rater (supervisor).