Rocky holding an ID card.

Family ID Cards

Employee must complete and sign the Verification of Employment for Family ID Card form with accurate information and submit this form to the HR Department.

To be eligible to use this program, Montclair State University employees must work full-time. We would normally expect that your spouse, domestic partner or children reside with you in the same household, with your home as the primary place of residence.

Exceptions would include instances of shared custody of children and commuter relationships for spouses/domestic partners. In these cases, when the child, spouse or domestic partner is in your household, s/he shall qualify for these perquisites. Your children must be unmarried.

Once the form is completed, a CWID number will be generated. Once the CWID number is generated, the employee will be notified by the ID Card Office that their account is created, and the family member can come into the ID Office to have their card printed.

Unfortunately, family members are not permitted to submit ID Card photos online – their photo must be taken in office at the time of ID card processing.

You will also need to bring a valid form of photo ID. Examples of valid identification would be:

  • Valid photo driver’s license
  • Passport or 1-20, J1 Visa for International classifications
  • Military ID
  • Credit card/debit card
  • Birth Certificate (original – no photocopies)
  • Health insurance card (original – no photocopies)

***Important – Please do not alter the surface or punch holes in the University ID card.***