What if I Do Not Have Access to a Computer at Home? (Faculty/Staff)
If you do not have access to a University laptop or personal workstation/device and must access applications or shared drives remotely, contact your manager to evaluate your situation and potentially request a laptop from the University. As the University has a limited number of spare laptops available, Dean/VP approval will be required. Email the email@example.com with your request, including your Dean/VP’s approval.
Be sure to bring your MSU ID card. All visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings while on the premises to be serviced.
As an Adjunct, Will I Be Able to Borrow a Computer to Teach My Class? (Faculty)
We encourage all adjuncts to bring their personal laptops with them as not all classrooms have computers. If you do not have a computer, you can request one by filling out the laptop lending request form. Depending on the availability of loaner laptops, the IT Service Desk will make laptops available for long term for adjuncts that borrow laptops a few times per week.
What if Students Do Not Have a Computer at Home? What Are Their Options?
First: Please only request a laptop if you need one. We have a limited supply available. Students who do not have access to a personal computer or can not come to campus to access a computer lab (View Computer Lab Locations and Hours) follow the directions below to request a loaner laptop.
What if Students Do Not Have Internet Access at home?
Information Technology also has a limited number of “wifi” mobile hotspot devices (Verizon JetPacks) to loan to commuter students who do not have Internet access at home and who cannot enable the hotspot feature of their smartphone.
Please Note: The Verizon JetPack has a monthly data cap of 25Gb so students are strongly encouraged to use them only for essential course-related Internet activity and not for non-course-related data-intensive activities such as Netflix, YouTube streaming, etc.
How to Request a Loaner Laptop
- You must complete the request form before coming to campus or picking up the laptop.
- You will be required to authenticate using your University NetID.
- Select the Long Term Laptop Loan Request Option from the Drop Down.
- Log into the laptop prior to leaving the campus.
- Pick Up: University Hall 5th Floor – UNCART Lab (During Lab Hours)
How to Request a Verison JetPack
- You must complete the request form before coming to campus or picking up the JetPack.
- Pick Up: University Hall 6th Floor, Monday-Friday 9 am-3 pm
Preparing for Pick Up
- All visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings while on the premises to be serviced.
- Social distancing and disinfecting protocols will be followed for all staff and students in the laptop lending process.
- Show your University ID card and a copy of your student schedule.
We also advise that students that many internet service providers (ISP) and cell phone companies are offering Free or Low-Cost internet for K-12, Colleges, and Universities that are affected by closures due to the Coronavirus. See more information here. https://www.montclair.edu/information-technology/internet-access-and-hotspot-home/