Instructional Technology and Design Services (ITDS), a subdivision of Information Technology, is comprised of Instructional Designers, Technology Training Specialists, and Instructional Technologists. The ITDS team is committed to providing educational technology and instructional design support and services to the University community. We achieve this through technology workshops, faculty development programs and initiatives, and course design practices. We strive to cultivate and promote collaborative, inclusive and innovative educational experiences to enhance teaching and learning outcomes.
What ITDS does includes, but is not limited to:
- Researching and exploring innovative and engaging technologies and guiding their integration into teaching and learning
- Providing instructional technology training via group or private classes
- Providing 1-on-1 course design and technology consultations regarding effective instructional strategies, assessment methodologies, and appropriate technologies to achieve teaching and learning goals
- Developing and facilitating faculty development programs and professional development events to foster a collaborative community where faculty and staff colleagues can share and develop best pedagogical practices with each other
- Offering high-quality course design services for all teaching modalities (in-person, hybrid and online) based on recent trends in learning science while leveraging the latest instructional technologies to support student learning and engagement